The Community of Saint Francis was founded on February 25, 1905 in London by Sr Rosina Mary, formerly of the Society of the Sisters of Bethany with whom she had made her profession in 1884. Led by Sr Rosina Mary, a small group of women set out to follow the Rule of Clare of Assisi in all but enclosure. Mindful of the close link between Clare and Francis, the Rule of the new sisterhood included portions of both the Earlier and the Later Rules of Francis of Assisi in its adaptation of The Form of Life of Clare of Assisi, according to the English translation of that time. With the text below are the references to these sources. In 1963 the Community of St Francis affiliated with the Society of Saint Francis, replacing this Rule eventually with the Rule of the Sisters of the First Order of the Society of Saint Francis.